MASA Boosters is once again sponsoring a speaker series for MASA students. Here is the current schedule:
- Tuesday, Oct 7: 1st period (8:00 to 8:59 am) – MASON CARNEY
- Thursday, Nov 6: 2nd period (9:05 to 10:04 am) – STEVE CHESLEY
- Tuesday, Dec 2: 3rd period (10:10 to 11:12 am) – MICHAEL TUITE
- Tuesday, Jan 13: 4th period (11:51 am to 12:50 pm) – DAVE BAKER
- Thursday, Feb 5: 5th period (12:56 to 1:55 pm) – DAVE COSTARELLA
- Wednesday, March 4: 2nd period (8:52 to 9:38 am) – DAWN BYRNES
- Thursday, April 9: 1st period (8:00 to 8:59 am) – UMESH MUCHHAL
On Dec. 8, 2011, I had the pleasure of chaperoning more then two bus loads of Math and Science Academy students on a field trip to the Long Beach Aquarium of the Pacific. The juniors and seniors had a scavenger hunt project to complete, and the freshmen and sophomores were directed to a fish dissection.
Luckily, Mrs. Ford assigned me to the fish cutting underclassmen. What a fun, yet powerful leaning experience. As a physics teacher, I know less then the kids about biology, so accompanying them during the dissection was a great learning experience for me too . . . and I did not need to get my hands bloody.
Monrovia High School
Happy New Year from Mr. Dobson, FIRST Tech Challenge Coordinator!
2011 was a great year for MHS Robotics and I expect 2012 to be even better.
In order to continue to do these things, we need your help. Please consider buying FIRST® Green e-watt saver light bulbs to raise money for next year’s program. It costs a minimum of $850 yearly to run each of our three teams (this does not cover any travel expenses). This works out to about $100 per student.
These LED bulbs are the newest energy-saving technology for the home. Unlike other energy-saving bulbs, these bulbs feature LED technology.
- Environmentally friendly (no mercury or lead).
- Replaces a 40W or 60W incandescent bulb, but uses only 8.5W or 13W.
- Lasts up to 23 years (when used for 3 hours a day), so you won’t have to keep buying new bulbs.
- Uses only $1.63 or less in energy costs per year (when used for 3 hours a day).
- Instant On/Off.
- High-quality light with warm color temperature, unlike CFLs.
Go to the http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/headlines/first-green-e-watt-saver for more information on these great light bulbs. We also have flyers linked here for the bulb itself and its tech specifications.
We currently have both the 40W and 60W replacement bulbs in stock. Any purchases can be delivered immediately. Please, feel free to buy one or two to try them out or if you like buy replacements for all the bulbs in your house. Contact me for orders.
- The 450 Lumen (40W replacement) bulb is $15 (we make $7)
- The 800 Lumen (60W replacement) bulb is $26 (we make $9)
Also, we are very happy to accept straight donation! Please make all checks payable to MASA Boosters, 845 W. Colorado, Monrovia, CA 91016.
Mr. Dobson, FIRST Tech Challenge Coach and Coordinator, email@example.com, School: 626-471-2800 x5927